My passion for people development is two-fold. First, personal experience with quantum change in life, relationships, and career means I know a single choice today to change your tomorrows is a powerful place to be. Second, near a decade of formal study and research into human functioning means I understand the science behind the process. Personal, professional, and social development are the keys to create the outcomes we seek. Each begins with self-exploration and self-mastery; and grow with focused work. Unfortunately, there’s no way around the work part. That’s where life coaching comes in.
I am the Founder and Director of Youth Coaching Institute, an accredited youth life coach training organization, and Adjunct Professor of Learning and Psychology. Before I transitioned into my passion work full-time, I spent 18 years in the corporate sector in various progressive employment roles between finance and insurance.
My favorite experience in the corporate world was the last five years spent managing teams through times of organizational change. I got the chance to combine my passion for talent development and natural affinities for research, analysis, and knowledge-seeking to support evidence-based decision-making, mitigate stress, and enhance outcomes for my teams. As a coach, I get to support my clients as they learn to attend to their own lives and performance as diligently as they do their external work. As a coach trainer, I get the chance to equip new leaders with the knowledge and skills necessary to make positive, meaningful differences.
Accomplishments/Life Coaching Credentials
- PhD in Psychology with a Forensic Psychology specialization,
- Board Certified Coach w/Personal/Life and Career specializations,
- Over 250 hours of International Coach Federation (ICF)-approved coach specific training,
- ICF Professional Certified Coach,
- ICF Member,
- ICF Qualified Mentor Coach
- Master Certified Coach,
- Certified Group Coach,
- Certified Laser Coach,
- Certified Youth Mentor Coach/Certified Youth Leadership Coach,
- Academic Life Coach,
- MentorCoach Foundations,
- CE in Motivational Interviewing,
- CE in Mindfulness, Acceptance, and Positive Psychology,
- CE in Self-Management and Recovery Facilitator Training,
- CE in Fundamentals of Neuroscience,
- CE in Solution-Focused Interventions
- Founder, Managing Director, Lead Trainer & Mentor of Youth Coaching Institute, LLC - an ICF- and CCE-approved coach specific training organization