Life is generally complicated at any age. We can’t always control outcomes, but we can learn to apply practical, evidence-based skills to live better and achieve our goals. The process begins with self-insight, dedicating focused attention to understand how we function and why; and where our own thought patterns, emotions, and behaviors stand in our way or propel us forward.
From there we can develop solutions and take purposeful action to enrich our lives. Highly effective people attend to self-mastery. Effectiveness is simply a result. The beautiful thing about life is we can choose to begin this work at any point, regardless of where we are or what we’ve done, and create a future we can be proud of. Below are a few common coaching areas for clients.
- Committed action, values-based goal striving, and achievement
- Enhancing motivation and performance
- Harnessing individuality (strengths, personality, interests, values, talents, and passion) for success
- Enhancing self-esteem, confidence, social and emotional intelligence, self- and others-awareness, mindfulness, positive emotion, and engagement
- Building strong, positive social networks
- Flexibility, tolerance, and collaborative problem-solving
- Stress reduction, frustration/anger reduction, effective communication, and resilience
- Bullying, harmful behaviors, detrimental peer influence, substance use awareness
- Time management and organization