Evidence-Based Employee Coaching & Management Certificate
Evidence-Based Employee Coaching and Management Certificate for new frontline managers. Research shows the most effective leaders are good coaches. This certification program fills a gap in management training. Learn evidence-based coaching skills to lead in a way that enhances your employees’ motivation, performance, and job satisfaction.
Our program includes training, practice, and supervision around core coaching competencies and research-based coaching practice. It is ideal for new frontline managers with an interest in developing skills to become the transformational leaders of their organizations.
Candidates must be
- 21 years old or older and
- employed as a frontline team manager or supervisor or
- preparing for an upcoming promotion into a frontline team manager or supervisor role.
Is training available in my area?
Training is virtual and available internationally via Zoom webinar and telephone conference calling.
Session Content and Schedule
This is a 12-week program. The weekly time commitment includes a 90-minute webinar/conference call once weekly, required reading, and assigned practice coaching. Each class includes
- lecture and discussion of scheduled topics
- a coaching demonstration wherein trainees are coached around leadership development topics
- trainee practicum, supervision feedback, and debrief.
- Foundations and Ethics of Coaching and Management
- Coaching from a Behavioral Science Perspective, Models, and Skills Introduction
- Creating the Coaching Relationship
- Communicating Effectively
- Facilitating Insight
- Self- and Other-Awareness – Social/Emotional Competence
- Individual Differences and Group Dynamics
- Motivating and Engaging Employees
- Coaching for Job/Career Fit
- Stress and Optimal Performance – Enhancing well-being and mitigating burnout
- Learning and Development
- Coaching Productive Work Behaviors
- Organizational Culture and Change Management
- Planning and Goal Setting
- Managing Progress and Accountability
- Responsivity and Mitigating Bias
- Negotiating and Conflict Resolution
- Evidence-based Decision-Making & Risk Management
Fall 2019 – Coach Training/Certification (Daytime) – Wednesdays, 11:00 AM CST – 12:30 PM CST – August 28, 2019 – November 13, 2019 (Facilitator: Leah B. Mazzola, PhD, BCC) – Registration is OPEN
Fees and Withdraw/Refund Policy
Total tuition is $1,080 USD payable in a lump sum or in monthly installments of $360. The first $360 payment serves as a non-refundable registration fee. Pro-rated refunds for tuition paid beyond the registration fee are available for trainees who withdraw within 14 days of training start date.