Education and employment are some of the most important resources we can leverage to establish and maintain independence or transform our outcomes. Enhancing chances of success at school or work requires a good look at fit and resource optimization. This fit is the degree to which the person and environment match. Person characteristics include personality, strengths, skills, resources, needs, values, and goals; while environmental characteristics could include job or academic demands, social demands, cultural values, leadership or teaching styles, flexibility, or support. A good fit contributes to well-being, productivity, and satisfaction. An ill fit contributes to high stress, counterproductive behaviors, dissatisfaction, and deteriorating health. Pursuing education and employment goals in line with who we are is the secret sauce to foster engagement and peak performance from the inside out. Academic and career coaching services are offered in one-on-one or group formats and may include any of the below elements.
- Students are coached through the following topics to enhance academic-awareness: Academic performance audit, motivation, confidence, capacity and strategy, time management and prioritization, approaches to learning and study strategies, goal setting, and goal striving through achievement
Virtual Academic Coaching Group
Coaching groups offer clients an opportunity to build relationships with peers working through similar challenges to achieve their goals. They connect with positive social support in a cooperative learning environment – a safe space for self-discovery and growth without judgment. Groups are conducted via Zoom online webinar for ease of access from all over the world.
- 2 bi-weekly 90-minute group coaching sessions monthly
- 2 bi-weekly 30-minute individual coaching sessions monthly
Participants are coached through an academic awareness inventory to take stock of their current approach to their academic life and work through the awareness and skill-building necessary to optimize their process and improve outcomes.
Topics include an academic performance audit, motivation, confidence, capacity and strategy, time management and prioritization, approaches to learning and study strategies, goal setting, and goal striving through achievement.
High school juniors, seniors, and first or second year college students.
Fall 2019 – Groups meet – Bi-weekly Wednesdays – 5-6:30 PM CST, August 28-November 13, 2019. 1:1 sessions are scheduled bi-weekly with Dr. Mazzola.
The first $150/monthly installment serves as a non-refundable registration fee. Monthly fees are due in advance of the following month’s sessions to continue participation. Rescheduling or cancellation of an individual coaching appointment must be made 24 hours in advance. Please make every effort to do so. Clients are responsible to contact the coach to reschedule, if necessary, for the next available time slot. No refunds available for no shows.
(All services below are available for individuals or internal employees within organizational settings (e.g. employee coaching, leadership development coaching)
Common Focus Areas
- Complete intake assessments to leverage self-insight to guide education and employment direction
- We’ll assess personality, strengths, interests, values, needs, goals, skills, and resources
- Formal assessments include the Strong Interest Inventory and Myers Briggs Type Indicator Career Report
- Begin the research, goal setting, planning, and strategy to move toward your selected path(s)
- Job crafting for professionals already employed with an interest in establishing a plan for career progression while maximizing growth opportunities where they are
- Identify skills gaps and opportunity areas for development to enhance work-life well-being, satisfaction, and effectiveness
- Begin developing those competencies relevant to advancing your goals
- Examples are:
- Time management and organization
- Enhancing confidence and decision-making
- Social and emotional intelligence
- Managing stress and challenges
- Addressing burnout and enhancing engagement
- Improving motivation and performance
- Professional etiquette and communication
- Examples are:
Application and Interview Support
- Support through education and employment research and applications
- Learn to effectively communicate your niche value to potential employers; Improve application and interviewing skills (e.g. resume/CV/cover letter development, mock interviewing, etc.)